Puppy Information

I would like to add this to my web site so people may leave there comments on the puppies they have purchased from me. Training tips and just general information on puppies they would like to share.

22 Responses to “Puppy Information”

1. cindy says:

Hi Darla-We bought ‘Cooper’..re-named Carson. Seems to have the jack russell temperment..VERY feisty. I understand jack russells need different training than any other kind of dog…do you have ANY tips? He knows the words off and no, but seems to come back with a vengence..we are still trying to learn WHO the ‘alpha’ in the house is..I’m determined it will be ME, but he is definately giving me a run for my money! Thank goodness for the cuteness factor! Thanks!

2. Administrator says:

Hi Cindy
    I can’t stress enough persistense is the key! If they are not behaving the way would like them to act as an adult dog, to correct them in there wrong doing, sometime it is cute as a puppy, but you would hate for them to be doing it as an adult, remember what they learn as a puppy and find is acceptable might not always be what you want to see in your adult dog.

3. Shanda says:

Hi! I had talked with you awhile back when you had mini boxers for sale.. I was wondering if I could be on a contact list to know when you have the next litter? We are still waiting to get into our new home and settled so the timing was just not right on the last litter!

Thanks so much!

Are you are planning to have another litter right around Christmas?

4. Administrator says:

Hi Shanda
    I should have another litter in the next couple of weeks I will keep you posted. They will be ready for there new homes just before Christmas.

5. Sandy says:

Hi Darla, I just want you to know how much I love my little Bailey, Boglen Terrier! She has settled in just fine and Lilli has finally gotten over her jealousy and decided that the new pup is OK. They play together really well and we all couldn’t be happier. Thank you so very much!

6. Administrator says:

I’m happy to hear that!! I always wonder how the new puppies adjust to there new lives. I hope you have many years of enjoyment with Bailey!! (Love that name)

7. Administrator says:

Hello Darla,
    I thought I would send you a couple pics of Felix. He has adjusted well to our home, and we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE him. He is such a good puppy; so friendly with everyone and loving. His favorite (and mine) is curling up with me to go to bed. Kaleb absolutely adores him, and when he wakes up in the morning, says to Felix “did you miss me, buddy?”
    We completed puppy class, and he’s gotten very good at sit and come. He gets along well with other dogs; He has no fear of my friend’s German Shephard, and has tackled Golden Labs and Retrievers!
    Everyone comments on how cute he is, and it’s funny how everyone picks up a different part of his breed. Some say they can see the Boston, others comment on the Boxer, and still others, the Pug. He’s a perfect mix of all three in my opinion!!
    Hope all is well you and your family! Enjoy the pics!
    Arin, Kaleb, & Felix

8. Hello Darla,
    I just wanted to send a quick e-mail letting you know how Pumpkin aka Squirt is doing. We named her Pumpkin because we got her on Halloween. She is so cute our other dog and cat have finally warmed up to her and she has been real good at potty training goes outside whenever you let her out. She doesn’t seem to like the cold but neither do I!! She snuggles up to your neck at night and likes to burrow under the covers. She wags her lil nub so hard her whole back end wiggles. She’s definately a keeper and I would for sure recommend your pups to anyone interested in getting a dog. Thanks so much for making our family complete!!
    Chad, Julie & Jayden the pups, Mitzy and baby Pumpkin
    & cat Brookie

9. Administrator says:

Thank-You for the nice email Pumpkin is a great name for your little Boglen Terrier.

10. Jenny says:

Hi Darla,

We have one of your boglen terriers (Dolly) which we renamed Marley. We love her so much and she is such a great dog! She really is a cuddler and loves to be on people’s laps or nuzzled up next to them. And so smart- she has caught on to obedience tricks within the first session of working on them with her. She already (at 13 or so weeks) can sit, stay, come, lay down, shake, play dead, and roll over. And everyone who meets her loves her! She has such a great personality and loves people. We don’t have any kids now, but our 8 nieces and nephew love her and she is great with them too! We couldn’t be happier with her! Thanks so much! Also, are you going to do another litter of the boglen terriers? My mother has a coworker who was inquiring about them.

11. Administrator says:

That’s is wonderful!! Wow she is a smart little girl, but that really doesn’t suprise me her Mom and Dad are both very intellegent! They are so loving, just happy to please that makes them so special. Yes my Molly girl will have puppies again I would guess it to be around the end of Feb. or first part of March. I wish you and Marley many days of happiness!!
    Darla

12. Teri Rae & Michael says:

Hi Darla,

We had such a wonderful day and I want to thank you for taking the time with my son and teaching us about our new boys! We named them Meaty and Moe and Michael keeps saying how awesome they are. I think he has forgotten already that his favorite dog is the Boxer! They sure got socialized today and our Chi and Doodle accepted them immediately. We even took them to the Hastings hospital to visit our friend and all the nurses fell in love with our boys.

I want to thank your son also for making the boys feel special and sharing his horse with them. It truly made the day and Nelson had never been that close to a horse, let alone sit on one bare back! He whispered to me that this was the best day of his life! The boys met in special education, both have some learning and mental health issues, and it’s days like today that they will remember forever!

Thanks so much! Teri Rae and Michael

13. Administrator says:

Well Thank-You very much, I’m glad you enjoyed the day!!! I hope you have many years of enjoyment with your new bundles of joy!!!(French Bulldog X Boston Terriers)

14. neda says:

I recently bought a little french bulldog x pug mix named Bear from Darla and he is absolutely wonderful! I just brought him to the vet (Shamrock Animal Clinic, which I also strongly recommend!) and they all loved him. They told me he had a great heartbeat and breath, as well as clean ears and eyes. They commented that his coat and skin were very healthy and that he received a very thorough, responsible worming before coming into my possession. They said that he was one of the healthiest puppies they’d seen and that the breeder I received him from must be very responsible and caring. Thank you so much Darla for bringing this wonderful, happy, healthy puppy into my life! And thank you for loving and caring for your puppies’ welfare so much – I wish the world had more breeders like you.

Cheers,
    Neda

15. Administrator says:

Thank-You Neda that was a very nice compliment, It made my day!!! I look forward to seeing Bears pictures!

16. Colleen says:

Darla,
    Jake and I came and got a boston terrier of your recently. We named him Cooper and we absolutely love him! He has not gotten the whole jist of the potty training thing but hopefully it will all click soon. His colors are beautiful and we are so happy with him. Thank you so much!! I have reccomended you to many people looking for great dogs!

17. Administrator says:

Thank-You so much :)

18. Carson says:

Our puppy, now a dog, is doing great. His name was Nick (We got him in Jan. 09’), but we renamed him Bear. He has never had any health issues at all, and in fact, our vet told us how healthy he was when we took him for his first check up. Every check up has been very routine, not one problem. He loves to play just like he did the day we got him. We love him like he’s our son (maybe we spoil him too much). Thank you so much for giving us such a great dog and companion.

19. Administrator says:

I’m so glad he has such a loving home:) Your very Welcome!!!!

20. We are crazy about our little girl, Cressy. She will be 9 months old on July 5th and has calmed down nicely, although those who didn’t know her when she first came home find this hard to believe. We are stopped every time we are out with her by people who want to know what kind of dog she is. Sometimes they guess correctly, but mostly they are surprised that boxers can be so small. A number of her admirers have asked to photograph her, oftentimes with a family member. We have given your name to many interested people and hope that some of them have contacted you.

Thank you, again for our sweet little girl. Have a wonderful 4th.

Patricia (Kent)

21. Kevin kelly says:

Just wondering if or when you will have more mini boxers?

22. Administrator says: